My goal as an educator is to provide my students with an
inclusive, safe environment where they feel accepted, challenged, and
supported. In order to achieve this goal, there are some systems and rules I
will need to establish and enforce throughout the year.
First, I will have no tolerance for bullying in my classroom
or outside of my classroom. All individuals deserve to be treated with respect
and kindness. I will demonstrate these behaviors when working with all my
students and will have consequences for those who choose not to treat all
individuals with respect. Students will be directly taught how to ignore
specific, inappropriate behaviors and how to lead others by example.
Second, my classroom environment will be supportive and organized in an
accessible manner . I will limit the amount of posters and pictures on my walls
so students are not over stimulated and distracted. I plan to provide students
with an area where they are able to take a break if they become frustrated or
upset. This will ensure that the classroom environment remains safe and
positive.
Third, I plan to differentiate the learning material for my
students of varying abilities. This will ensure that all my students have the opportunity to be challenged and learn. I plan to utilize other teachers by asking for ideas and
accommodations. I will encourage my students to believe in themselves and their abilities by providing them with appropriate scaffolding.
I love the goals that you have placed for yourself as an educator. To me, it seems like your students will feel safe, respected, and want to be in your classroom. That's half of the battle in special education! Having goals for yourself is a great lifelong habit and as you grow add more challenging goals for yourself!
ReplyDelete